12.09.2011

"I am just reading"...

I walked into the kitchen the other day and found Henry like this...

When I asked him what he was doing he said, "I am just reading. I like Curious George." Ok.

Henry's been saying some pretty funny stuff lately. His little voice and vocabulary are just about the sweetest things. Here are a few things he's said lately that made me laugh:
  • He went to one of John's games with Grandma Sharon earlier in the week while I stayed home to put Charlie to bed. When he got home I had just taken a shower, so I had wet hair. Before I put him to bed I gave him a snack and we sat together at the table. Neither one of us was talking, but after awhile Henry said to me, "So mommy, how was your shower?" I just started laughing, but he didn't think it was funny, he just wanted to make conversation with me.
  • The other day I told him that he was going to go stay with Grandma Gail while I ran a few errands. He looked at me and said, "Yeah, she is missing me."
  • John's been working with Henry on thanking me for the food I prepare for him. The other morning I gave him a snack of raisins, cashews, and crackers (nothing fancy) and as he was eating at the table he said, "This is yummy, thanks mommy!"

No comments: