1.05.2012

The boys' Christmas present...

This year for Christmas we decided to get the boys a swing set. It's as much a gift for me as it is for them :) It fits in our yard perfectly and is already seeing lots of use. Last year John and I decided that gifts of time, talents, and treasures would be the theme for our gift giving. This swingset encompasses all 3 of those things. Yeah!


I'm really proud of John, as he assembled the swing set almost entirely by himself! Building things isn't necessarily his life's passion, and finding free time during the month of December is next to impossible, so the fact that he built this swing set for his boys really says a lot about the kind of dad he is. When Henry was playing on the swing set for the first time he said, "Thanks daddy, this is perfect. I love it!" I don't think you could pay John enough money to build this again during the month of December, but I can guarantee you that Henry's words would be enough to make him do it all over again :)

2 comments:

JHNickodemus said...

Wahooo! That is so cool! The boys will DEF-inately get a lot of use out of that one!

Toni said...

Very fun! Baby Frantz and I may need to come play one day :)