3.20.2012

Week 39...

A day late due to some computer issues...





39-week highlights:
  • Charlie is fully crawling and can now pull himself up to standing. I have to watch him like a hawk, he gets into everything!
  • Now that Charlie can pull himself to standing, he likes to crawl over to the drawers in the kitchen and bathroom and open them and then try to stand up. The problem with this is that when he pushes forward to stand up, the drawers slam close and smash his poor little fingers.
  • Charlie's nighttime sleeping habits are horrible right now. He's been waking up sometime between midnight and 1am and then he just won't go back to sleep unless he is in bed with us. I am too dang tired to do anything about it at this point, but hopefully we can get him sleeping longer stretches (in his own bed) again soon.
  • I'm experimenting with a new napping approach for Charlie. I think the days of sleeping in the carseat in the kitchen are finally over, which is perfectly fine with me. I'm so ready to put that carseat in storage! My new strategy is to put him down for naps on the floor instead of in his crib. The crib never worked for naps with Henry, and Charlie doesn't seem to like sleeping in there during the day either, so we'll see how the floor treats us for awhile.
  • Charlie's skin still seems to be doing much better now that I'm using the hardlotion on it. It's not perfect, but much improved .
  • Charlie has the bluest eyes and the cutest dimple on his left cheek and chin.
  • I feel like Charlie is doing a lot of changing lately. Nothing I've been doing seems to be working very well anymore (naps & nighttime sleeping mostly), he's working on getting 4 teeth on the top and maybe a few more on the bottom, we're adding solids and cutting back on the nursing, and he's mobile! I felt like I had a good routine with Charlie for a good long while, but now I'm back to square one with him. It's time to find a new schedule that works for us again. Maybe that's why I've been so tired lately. Good thing he's worth it :)

1 comment:

Sharon said...

His hair looks so red in these pictures! We love our Charlie boy too!