6.12.2012

Homemade ice cream...


The boys helped me make homemade ice cream last night, which means we crossed another item off of our summer activity list.  I continue to love using my kitchenaid ice cream maker attachment, it is so easy and so quiet!  I just keep the bowl in our freezer outside and it is ready for me whenever I need it.  I've been looking for a simple ice cream recipe and I tried this one tonight:

-2 cups heavy whipping cream
-2 cups whole milk
-1 cup sugar (or sweetener of your choice)
-2 tsp. vanilla

It turned out well.  I like that it only has 4 ingredients and doesn't have to be cooked.  Easy is good.

Here is our updated summer activity list:

  • Take a hike
  • Visit a splash park
  • Visalia Rawhide game (6/1)
  • Backyard campout
  • Fix our bikes & ride them!
  • Lori Brock Museum
  • Chaffee Zoo
  • Build PVC Pipe sprinkler (5/29)
  • Visit the Shafter Museum (5/26)
  • Make kabobs
  • Go on a picnic (6/1)
  • Try one "new to us" restaurant
  • Attend our town's outdoor community concert
  • Make homemade ice cream (6/11)
  • Pismo Beach
  • Carpinteria
  • Santa Barbara Zoo

No comments: