10.28.2012

The front room...

I switched things around in the front room again.  This time I flipped the couch and the table.  It seems like a very neutral change, but it's actually been a huge improvement from before.  When the table was on the window wall it was really too close to the bookcase and was hard to get in and out of.  This wouldn't be a problem if we had another table that we used for eating, but since this is the table we use for every single meal, it was getting kind of annoying.  Moving the table to the wall closest to the kitchen gives us more elbow room around the table and makes more sense logistically anyways.  So overall, it's been a very positive change...

Once we switched the couch and dining room table we realized that the previous curtains were the same color as the couch, so we switched those curtains for the blue ones that were in our bedroom (as seen below)...

And here's my sewing desk that pretty much always has a mound of unfinished projects on it because I have hardly done any sewing in the last few months...

And, lest you think my house is always this clean, here's my reality most days...

 This room is always evolving.  It has gone from being my least favorite room in the house to being my favorite.  We pack a lot of charm and function into one little space, but it works so well for us!

No comments: