9.30.2013

Charlie's Dress Shirt Quilt...

I finished Charlie's quilt a few weeks ago and am SO HAPPY it is done!  Working on quilts during the summer isn't my favorite thing since it's so hot (and this summer I happened to be pregnant to boot!) but I persevered and got it done.  Charlie is thrilled with it, which makes me happy :)  He likes to walk into his room and say, "Mine, mom?" or "My quilt?"  and I always say "Yes, Charlie, that's your quilt" and then he gets a big smile on his face.  Makes me happy, of course :)

This quilt is so very far from perfect, but if I attempted to make perfect quilts, then my boys wouldn't have any quilts, so I think a couple of imperfect quilts is better than no quilts at all.  All of the patterned fabrics in the quilt came from either John, my dad, or Bob's old work/dress shirts, and the solids were picked out to complement the shirts that I was given.  I used a pattern from Anna Maria Horner's book and even copied her colors, which seemed perfect for Charlie.  Overall I'm happy with the way it turned out, although my quilting leaves LOTS to be desired, but oh well, it's done, and that's all that matters.  (I wish I could say the same thing about the baby's quilt...but I have 2 1/2 weeks left to finish it ;)

Trying to get a picture of this quilt was next to impossible, but somehow we managed...


 The labels indicate who gave which shirts to the project...

So happy to have this project completed and in use!  There's nothing I love more than making quilts for my boys!

No comments: