10.12.2013

Corners of Our Home: Faux Porch...

I really wanted to spruce up our front "porch" for fall.  The only problem with this was that we don't really have much of a porch to speak of.  So, I thought about it for awhile, and decided I wasn't going to be deterred.  So I came up with my own "Faux Porch" to decorate.  I used a bare spot in the flowerbed to the left of the front door to hang some bunting and put some mums, and put a few potted plants next to my door.  And guess what?!  I'm pretty darn happy with it.  I'll probably tweak it as time goes on, but for now, I think it looks welcoming and fall-ish, which is just what I was after.

One of the things that I've really grown to appreciate about living in a small home is that I have to be CREATIVE with everything I do when it comes to decorating.  And you know what, the satisfaction that comes from figuring out a solution to a little decor problem is incredibly gratifying for me.  Someday I will probably have more space to indulge all of my ideas, but for right now, I'm quite content with figuring out ways to make my small space work for me (and my family too ;)  Long live the faux porch!






And I had to add this little sign next to the doorbell, don't want anyone messing up naptime!

No comments: