10.10.2013

What we've been up to...

Here's a little of what we've been up to this past month...

Henry helped me clean off the quilt markings on Charlie's quilt with a wet rag :)


We went to Fresno and celebrated Levi's 2nd birthday (I think Henry was more excited about Levi opening gifts than Levi was!)...



 Here is a typical picture of Grandma Gail with her 3 grandsons.  They ALL fight for her attention.  In this picture Henry was trying to sit with Grandma and watch a video, Levi wanted to get on her lap, and Charlie just took matters into his own hands and dove right into her.  Good times :)

It appears as though Charlie won...


Here's Henry teaching G. G. Sue how to use the ipad...

 Henry created a small baseball field and game with his play-doh one morning.  He really wanted me to take a picture of it (the long brown mass is the outfield fence and the small purple balls are the players)...

The boys have been enjoying the playfort again.  Charlie loves to sit inside, roll around, and laugh like crazy...

Henry likes to use it as a table for his CARS baseball game...

I like this picture because it shows a common scene around here.  Henry with his hand on his forehead in frustration because Charlie is messing up his game :/  Oh the life of an oldest child...

I've been working on purging, reorganizing, and sprucing up the house a bit.  I suppose this is called "nesting", but really, I spend the majority of my life nesting.  Pregnant or not :)

I also spent 3 HOURS(!) sorting the boys' clothes.  Putting away clothes that they've outgrown.  Pulling out hand-me-downs, and giving away things that we don't need.  That was a HUGE job, and I am so.glad.it's.done!

John did me a favor and sanded and sealed our butcher block countertops...

Charlie spent lots of time reading at my feet on the kitchen floor...

And Henry and my swollen feet snuck in on this one...

We also visited the Kern County Fair with Grandpa Royce and Grandma Gail a few weeks ago.  We looked at all the animals, ate dinner and dessert, and then stopped by the petting zoo.  It was a hit with the boys!

In the fire department booth...


 The boys got to see a calf that was less than an hour old!  I was glad we missed the birth, that could have been pretty traumatic for them :)



And, of course, we continue to read lots and lots of books.  Charlie ran out of the bathroom and when I went to look for him, I found him like this...


Good times :)  We are still waiting for Baby over here.  We are in the "any day" window according to the doctor, but we'll see.  I've certainly heard that warning before.  Who knows?!

No comments: