12.28.2017

Luke: Week 47...




Week 47 highlights:
  • Luke is starting to take steps! I think he's taken 3 at the most (at least that I've seen).  He's so close to walking!
  • Luke is starting to eat more food.  In the last week he's eaten pancakes, yogurt, crackers, and is finally starting to drink out of a sippy cup.  Yeah Luke!
  • Luke has had a cold this past week, which has led to a runny, crusty nose and even worse sleeping habits than usual :/
  • On the subject of sleeping, I am not sure how we will ever get Luke to sleep through the night.  We tried to let him cry it out again and he literally cried for 4 hours straight!  From 1:30-5:30 he was crying.  We just don't know what to do with him.
  • Luke loves to play in the bathroom.  If I lose track of him for even a second the first place I always look is the bathroom, and I usually find him there.  His favorite part of the bathroom is the toilet.  He thinks it is his own personal water table.
  • Luke loves to play with anything that Henry and Charlie are playing with.  Legos, cars, duplo, it doesn't matter what it is, if they have it, he wants it.
  • I find that this stage is very wearying for me.  It's really hard that Luke won't nap (except on me) and that he won't sleep through the night.  Sometimes I feel like I just don't have any time to myself.  I know this stage is short in the grand scheme of things, but right now it seems like it's SO LONG.
  • Despite my weariness I am so thankful for our little Lukers!  He brings joy to my days!

No comments: