1.01.2008

Moving the Feils...

My sister & her husband, Andrew, moved from their cozy, (yet drafty & poorly lit) mobile home (affectionately referred to as "the mob") into my great-grandma Bartel's old house. The house sits in front of the R & G Farm shop and has been lying in wait for a family who will love it and care for it as much as its original owner. Denise & Andrew provide just that family. Although they are renting the old place, they will love it and care for it in a way that would make G-G Bartel proud. The following are pictures of the move. (Unfortunately, I don't have a picture of the house itself, largely due to the fact that my camera was lost for a few very long hours due to the frenzied moving pace).


The cattle trailer was a boon to our moving festivities


Our K-9 supervisors: Maddie & Gunner



Denise taking care of business (the bay window in the background will be replaced tomorrow, thus explaining the paint on the glass panes)



The cattle trailer in action (house in background)


The movers in action


Ben moving the pillow from "the mob"


G-G Bartel's amazing mantle & fireplace


The kitchen


The breakfast nook right off the kitchen

I get giddy just thinking about all of the decorating possibilities in this house. Denise & I bought fabric at Strawberry Patches' "yard sale" last week for curtains so we will be starting on those soon. It's going to look amazing. I can hardly contain my excitement for Denise. (It's scary how many of my thoughts center around home decor ideas...especially ideas that aren't even for my own house.) I'll keep you posted.

3 comments:

kelly said...

Oooh how exciting! I can't wait to see the front of the house, the inside looks adorable.

Scott and Malisa Johnson said...

I think I was in that house years and years ago just after the Canadays lived there. (Does that sound right?) Either way, what a cute house. I can totally picture just where it is.

Katie said...

It was where the Canaday's used to live, and you're right, it is a very cute house. And, by the way, how was it that your whole vacation went by I didn't even get a chance to stop in for a visit? Sigh...pathetic on my part.