7.14.2008

Rose Bowl flea market...

The second half of our early anniversary trip included a trip to the famous Rose Bowl flea market. I have to admit, I didn't love it as much as I loved Alameda, but it was still a great place to go. John managed to find some vintage Sports Illustrated magazines so he enjoyed himself as well. He even told me on the way to the Rose Bowl that even though people think we only go to the flea markets for me, he said he actually likes to look around too. What a great thing to say! So here are a few of the things that caught my eye (a post will follow tomorrow documenting my purchases):


Guess who was happy about the stadium view area?


Loved these

I can't get enough of these glass knobs.





Isn't this scale fantastic? But what would I ever do with it?

Again, glider patio furniture...my favorite.





My parents have a chair exactly like this in their garage.


I loved this.

This seller was super creative. He took old windows and converted them into pin/chalkboards & used drawer knobs as hooks. My wheels are already spinning about making one myself...



John spent a lot of time doing this.





Oh, and when we were leaving the Rose Bowl, we drove along the west side of the stadium and I saw a number of very large, expensive, and amazing houses. I tried to get a good picture of this one, but I couldn't without walking in the middle of a busy intersection. I took it because I've become obsessed with dormer windows lately. I just can't get enough of them.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy anniversary guys!

Toni said...

Looks fun! I might need to work on expanding my 2-for-1 dodger game/ikea shopping trips :)

JHNickodemus said...

You could use the scale as your fruit basket?

Anonymous said...

Katie, you and Jessica Harper (jhrme) HAVE to meet each other. You are both super creative and have similar tastes. I like to think of Jessie as one of my second daughters (along with her sister Valerie). We will have to rendezvous someplace really fun and creative, maybe a flea market??? Cindy W.

Katie said...

Jessica, you sound lovely, and if you're a friend of Cindy's, then I know you must be wonderful. Cindy let's do all meet somewhere fun & creative. A flea market would be fantastic!

Oh, and the scale as a fruit basket, that is a lovely idea Jessica!