11.08.2009

Race Day...

After G. Sue's 80th birthday party John, Henry, and I spent the night with Denise and Andrew so that this morning we could get up bright and early and watch our amazing sisters (Denise & Jill) run the Two Cities half marathon in Fresno. Not to be outdone (at least not too much) Jay & Sharon (along with Christa) walked the half marathon. We also enjoyed seeing Aaron W. run the half marathon, and dear friend Sheila run the marathon (all 26.2 miles of it...she's a stud!), and I was excited to see my friend Jane after she finished her leg in the marathon relay. John and I felt like big slugs while we were there, but we enjoyed supporting our family and friends in their athletic endeavors. Hopefully Henry will take after these family members and embrace a lifestyle full of exercise!


Go Denise!


Unfortunately, I missed seeing Jill run through the finish line, not sure how this happened as I hardly took my eyes off the course, but whatever. This is the next best thing to an action shot, I think.


Sharon, Christa, and Jay


The half marathoners!


Yeah Jay & Jill!

4 comments:

JHNickodemus said...

Wow! What happy troopers! Im sorry I missed you guys! Hat and another suprise will most likely be leaving in the mail tomorrow!

Christa Wiens said...

Great pictures, Katie. Can I have them? If you'd email them to me, I'd be ever so grateful: chdiwi@gmail.com

Denise Feil said...

Thanks for coming and cheering us on! I had a great time with you guys Saturday and Sunday

Live a Colorful Life said...

These are great pictures! So happy we FINALLY got to meet Henry. What a cutie!