8.31.2011

Baseball with mom...

Last week, since John had late tennis practice, it was up to me to play sports with Henry after dinner. He wanted me to wear all of the catcher's gear and pitch to him (not sure why a pitcher needs to wear catcher's gear, but I do what I'm told). When John came home from practice this is how he found us...

Henry in undies, his borrowed batting helmet, his hand-me-down baseball cleats (which are WAY too big on him), and his foam bat and wiffle ball...

This is Henry's baseball card pose...

This picture just cracks me up...

Henry agreed to let me sit in the lawn chair and play since I had to hold Charlie at the same time...

Here I am wearing the catcher's gear and pitching to Henry...

I'm doing my best to make sure that I take lots of time to play with Henry (& someday Charlie too). My mom was really good at playing with us when we were growing up, and I want to make sure that I'm the same way with my kids...even if that means wearing John's old catcher's gear :)

4 comments:

Julie said...

I love the picture of you in all the gear holding Charlie. Those are priceless moments.

Colette said...

I think Charlie needs a mask if he's going to be in the game. Great pictures!

Unknown said...

Ok will you please frame the picture of you sitting in the chair with your 2 boys... that is the funniest thing I have seen in along time. I am laughing/crying as we speak=)

JHNickodemus said...

You're such a good sport!