4.10.2012

Fast Easter...

Our Fast family Easter party was a bit different this year.  Usually we go to Grandma Net's house to make zwiebach and sweet roll bunnies and then we have lunch (which, of course, involves eating the zwiebach and bunnies :) and then we dye eggs.  This year, however, was the first year that everyone decided that Grandma could retire as Easter party coordinator.  Each individual family had their own Easter party celebration instead.  We had a good time, although I think we would all agree that we definitely took grandma's planning, preparation, and coordination efforts for granted.  We were pooped at the end of the day!  Grandma knew how to ensure that her doughs were ready at the right time, she had the Easter egg dye put into mugs, and she was just generally on top of everything.  Of course, we all helped her, but she had the coordination part of it down to a science.  We have a lot to learn.

We spent the morning making zwiebach and bunnies at my parents...


Then Denise and I channeled our inner florist and made a few arrangements with the flowers my dad brought home...



After we left my parents we went to Grandma Net's house to hunt eggs and eat a light dinner.  We had to include Grandma Net somehow!...

Henry thought he was pretty sneaky opening up the eggs and eating the candy out of them while we weren't looking.  He has a serious sweet tooth!...




Poor Charlie.  I haven't really put him into Henry's 18-month hand-me-down summer clothes yet, but I assumed they'd all fit.  Wrong.  I grabbed a pair of shorts that were too small, so Charlie went around sans-pants all afternoon. 




  
 
Fun Day!

No comments: