4.09.2012

Week 42...



42-week highlights:
  • Charlie eats alot of solid food now. I'm seriously afraid for my grocery budget in the coming years ;) He loves meat. Ham, turkey, beef...he loves it all. He also likes strawberries and yogurt. He seems to be over the novelty of cheerios for now. I'm committed to nursing him until he's a year old, but I definitely think I'm at the point where he could get enough nourishment from solid foods to be healthy and happy.
  • Speaking of nursing, Charlie still loves to fall asleep while nursing. Right now I'm nursing him when he wakes up, around 10ish, sometime between 2 and 4, and right before he goes to bed. If he wakes up in the middle of the night and is inconsolable, then I'll nurse him during that time too.
  • Charlie loves to dig in the sandbox that Grandpa Bob built for the boys. He is content in there for a good long while.
  • Naps. Oh my. I've decided that I need to start working again on trying to get Charlie to nap in the crib. He napped in his carseat for a really long time, then after that I tried him in his crib and he just wouldn't sleep there, so then I experimented with him on the floor and even on my bed while I layed by him. I just can't get him to nap for an extended period of time unless he is sleeping in my arms. Yesterday after church I knew he was completely exhausted, so I decided that I might as well try letting him cry it out in the crib during his afternoon nap. After 2 hours (2 hours!!!!!!!) of NON-STOP SCREAMING (and by screaming I mean red faced, gasping for air, sweaty body screaming) I finally deemed his "nap" to be over. I went in to comfort him during these 2 hours, of course, but seriously, the kid never gave in to sleep. I dealt with this with Henry too, and NEVER figured out how to get him to nap in the crib. Not having a break from Charlie during the day is really hard. I love him, but without a break, I really don't have time to do anything for myself. Talk about discouraging.
  • Despite the nap issues, Charlie is such a pleasant and happy little guy. All of a sudden he feels more like a little boy than a baby. It won't be long before he's walking...oh my!

No comments: