9.05.2013

A Day in the Life...

I thought it was about time for another "Day in the Life" post.  I LOVE looking back on these.  One item of note, apparently I never made the boys get dressed today!  Whoops!  Undies are all the rage over here :)

Henry was the first one up today, around 7ish.  I used to think I would try to get up before the boys and try and get stuff done, but they always wake up at different times, so I got discouraged with that plan and pretty much just get up when they do.  Works for me!

At 7:16 I started our requisite smoothie making.  I've been making smoothies every morning since I weaned Henry.  I wonder if he will ever tire of them.

I start the smoothies and hear Charlie calling for me, so I go and get him up...

Breakfast at the table with dad before he leaves for work (smoothies and muffins for the boys and eggs and muffins for John and me)...

After breakfast Charlie declares that he needs to poop, so we spend some time in the bathroom reading "Where's Waldo" together.  Unfortunately he did not actually have any success...

The boys played with their town collection in Charlie's bedroom...



Henry's favorite thing to listen to on pandora is his kids worship station, so we had a lot of that going on throughout the day...

Charlie reading...

Dishes cleanup for mom...

We work on some Cubbies coloring pages and practice Henry's verse for the week...

Charlie grabs his favorite blue marker and proceeds to color all.over.himself :/  Luckily they are washable!

After the Cubbies work and coloring, we go outside and paint some wooden birdhouses that I gave the boys for EASTER (finally got around to painting them 6 months later :)...








After the painting the boys played in the play garden for awhile...



And then it was all about the pool and the hose...







After about an hour of playing outside we come in for a snack of yogurt and blueberries...

Charlie was throwing a fit about something while we ate.  Seriously, this kid can throw a mean tantrum sometimes...

We hung up our birdhouses on the branches in the front room...

Daddy comes home for lunch...


And leaves to go back to work...

Our routine lately is that I will let the boys watch 1 video after lunch/before naps so that I can get the kitchen cleaned up in peace...

After the video Henry lays out his cars baseball game.  His game usually features the "prixs" (CARS2 World Grande Prix cars) vs. the "Hots" (hot wheels cars).  He usually tells me that he can't take a nap because his cars have a game scheduled during that time :)  He only needs a nap once or twice a week, so he usually gets to stay up and play while I attempt to put Charlie down...

He did attempt to rest his eyes today, but he never fell asleep, which is fine...

Charlie makes another attempt (without success)...

Henry has now pulled out Grandma Net's quilt to augment his Cars baseball play.  The quilt is his soccer field :)

I tried for an hour to get Charlie to fall asleep for a nap, but I had no luck.  I've only gotten him to take a nap once or twice this week.  I'm not quite sure what's up with him, but oh well, no nap just means an early bedtime, so it's not a total loss.  Once we threw in the napping towel with Charlie the boys played with their town collection some more in Charlie's room...

Charlie also read lots of books with me...


After playing for awhile they had a snack...

Then it was on to play Cars soccer for Henry and "choo-choos" for Charlie...

After they got sick of that we played outside again with the pool and the hose (swimsuits were not a requirement, obviously!)...



While the boys played I worked on my Bible Study...

After we played outside for awhile we came in and took a bath (Henry) and a shower (Charlie)...


Then it was dinnertime (I made chicken gyros for the first time and they were great!)  John was busy with a tennis match and back to school night, so unfortunately it was just the boys and me for dinner...

Henry had some leftover yogurt from our beach trip last weekend that Grandpa Bob and Grandma Sharon brought home for him, so he and Charlie shared it for dessert...



After dessert we cleaned up all of the toys in the house and then I let the boys have "Movie Night".  Which can also probably be called "Mom needs an hour or so to herself night" :)  I've decided that when John is gone for the evening I'm going to let the boys have movie nights.  This allows us all to handle daddy's absence a bit better.  Plus, after a long day at home, I need some time to myself.  The boys are happy because they get to watch a few extra shows (their current favorite is Magic Schoolbus) and I'm happy because I get to have some time to myself.  Plus, the boys are super willing to help with all of the clean up around the house, which means it gets done quickly.  Win-win-win...

While the boys watch Magic Schoolbus on netflix, I work on my labels for Charlie's quilt.  After I finish them I will be DONE with the quilt!  YEAH!!!!

After the videos its teeth brushing time...

Then bedtime.  Henry loves to read "Where's Waldo" before he goes to bed.  In fact, he's taking the book with him to preschool tomorrow for Share Day :)  No picture of Charlie here because he FINALLY (after 2 1/2 days) had success on the toilet.  Yeah!

So that was our day today.  It was a good one.  I am so glad I captured it.  Many people often tell me that they hope we have a girl (and I know most of these people tell me this because they have daughter's themselves and LOVE them to pieces) and believe me, having a girl would be fantastic.   But, honestly, I love my boys so much that if the Lord were to give us another, we would be completely thrilled.  Our 2 boys are just the best!

No comments: