9.13.2013

Around the house...

I found some pictures on my camera that I hadn't posted.  Nothing particularly noteworthy, but I'm finding that as my due date draws nearer (5 more weeks!) I'm really appreciating my normal everyday pictures more and more.  It won't be much longer and we will be adjusting to a new normal, so I want to make sure I remember my family of four while I still can :)

These pictures were taken at dinnertime after Henry's first day of preschool, which is why he has the "You are Special Plate".  He LOVED eating off of this plate and was so excited that we celebrated his first day of school with a special meal (hot dogs, fruit, bbq chips, and carrots...all his favorites :)




For dessert I made "worms and dirt" (vanilla pudding with crushed oreos on top and gummy worms) which the boys loved...




 After dinner the boys have been enjoying their swing set in the backyard.  The sweltering summer temperatures kept us off of it for awhile, but now they are back at it and loving it!

We've been dabbling in putting both boys to bed in the bunk beds lately.  I was adamantly opposed to moving Charlie out of the crib, but lately he hasn't been wanting to sleep in it and if we can finally get him to sleep in there he wakes up often and ends up in our bed.  So, time to begin the big boy bed transition I suppose.  I was hoping that they would both be sleeping really well when the baby came, but that just might not be the case for us :/  We still have some more weeks to work on it, so maybe we'll make great strides, who knows.  One things for sure though, the Wiebes are certainly not sleep training experts, we just muddle our way through these things and hope for the best :)

 More after dinner backyard play pictures...


Henry really wanted me to play baseball with him one night a few weeks ago.  Clearly, I'm not quite in baseball playing shape these days...

It made him happy, so I'm glad I did it.  (this reminds me of when Henry wanted me to play baseball with him after Charlie was born :)


No comments: