11.04.2013

Luke: Week 2...






Week 2 highlights:

  • Luke was circumcised this week.  Never a highlight, but after having 3 boys, I think I have definitely grown in my confidence with these sorts of things.  With Henry I made John go with me, and I practically had to leave the doctor's office while they did the procedure.  His crying stressed me out too much :/  With Charlie, I went to the appointment by myself, but didn't go in the room.  And with Luke, not only did I take him to the appointment by myself, but I actually went in and sat with him while the doctor worked!  Go mom!
  • Luke is still waking up about twice/night.  The mom high I get after having a baby is about worn off, and now I'm pretty much just plain tired.  Taking care of 3 little ones is definitely something I'm going to have to adjust too.  It's tiring!  (But SOOOO worth it!)
  • At 10 days old Luke weighed 9 lbs. 15 oz. and at 12 days old he weighed 10 lbs. 5 oz.  A gain of 6 oz. in just 2 days.  Go Luke!
  • Luke got to meet his Great-Grandma Net for the first time this past week and even helped her celebrate her 85th birthday.
  • Luke celebrated his first Halloween.  He wore an eye patch so that he could be a pirate like Henry and Charlie.
  • The first thing most people comment on when they see Luke is how much hair he has.
  • One of the things I am loving about Luke is how "newborn-like" he seems.  After having Charlie at 11 lbs. 6 oz. Luke feels like a little peanut :)
  • We are loving our little boy!

No comments: