12.27.2017

Luke: Week 29...








29-week highlights:
  • Luke is so very close to moving!  He gets up on his hands and knees (or hands and feet!) and rocks back and forth.  He has really gotten good at moving himself backwards in this position, but he can't really move forward yet.  It is coming soon, I can feel it!  Beware of the legos, Luke!
  • Once this past week Luke took a 1-hour morning nap and a 2-hour afternoon nap.  It was the best thing EVER!  He only did it once though :(  The rest of the week he was back to his usual 30 minute morning nap and 30 minute afternoon nap.  I really wish he would nap better as I am constantly feeling like I don't spend enough time with Henry and Charlie and the housework is seriously lacking.  I try to remind myself that it's just a phase, but sometimes it feels like things will never change.
  • Luke still loves to swing.  Since he rarely sleeps I feel like the best way for me to juggle all 3 kids is to put them all on the swings.  Henry can swing himself, but I will sometimes push Charlie and Luke for an hour or more.  I am so thankful for our big tree in the backyard that provides lots of shade since it is starting to warm up!
  • Nursing is still something that has to be done in isolation.  If I try and feed him with people/activity around, he will simply not eat.  He doesn't want to miss out on a thing!  I'm wondering if this means he might be our most social child?
  • He loves to grab anything he can get his hands on, and when we hold him we have to make sure we are holding on tight because when he sees something he wants he will lunge to get it.  Holding him on our laps while we eat is a thing of the past :)
  • He sits in the highchair while we eat meals, but he still isn't all that interested in solid foods yet.  I've tried cream of wheat, the cereal puffs, and applesauce and he is always much more interested in the spoon than the food.  Maybe when he's 7 months old?
  • 6-month stats: 25 lbs. 2 oz. & 29" long.  He is completely off the charts.  At 6 months Henry weighed 21ish lbs, and Charlie weighed 23 lbs. 8 oz!  Luke is the biggest Wiebe boy yet!
  • I think that about covers it for now.  Luke is a delight.  Having 3 boys is a huge blessing!

No comments: