12.27.2017

Luke: Week 32...






What Henry and Charlie were doing while I took these pictures:



32-week highlights:
  • Luke is at the stage where baby toys are nowhere near as interesting as things like cell phones, computer cords, remote controls, dishwasher baskets, tupperware, and really anything else that is off limits.
  • Luke seems to be more interested in learning how to stand than actually crawling.  He attempts to pull himself up on EVERYTHING, and he's even successful sometimes.  After a nap in the crib (which was a miracle in itself!) I walked in to find that he had pulled himself up to standing in the crib!
  • Luke is still only marginally interested in solid foods.  He did manage to get a little puff of cereal into his mouth yesterday which was a first.
  • Luke pretty much won't fall asleep for the night unless it is after 8:00.  If I try to get him to sleep before that he will do what he does for naps...sleep for 30 minutes and then wake up.  If it's after 8:00 he will be out for the night, which usually means he will wake up sometime between 12:30 and 4:00, but usually right around 2:00.  At this point, John usually changes him and then I feed him in bed and let him sleep with me for the rest of the night.  He usually wakes up between 7-7:30.
  • We still don't really have any sort of napping schedule.  Maybe I should try and keep him awake in the morning so that *maybe* he will take a longer nap in the afternoon.  I don't know.  I've given up trying to figure out how to get my boys to nap.  It just seems fruitless.
  • We welcomed, cousin Amelia Lee Brooks into the family this past week, so that was another highlight.
  • Overall, Luke is a happy boy and such a joy! (and as was the case with his brothers, I just wish he would sleep more!)

No comments: