12.27.2017

Luke: Week 35...





35-week highlights:
  • Last week was quite the week for Luke.  We had Vacation Bible School at church and he could not make it in the nursery.  He would last for about 15 minutes and then I would have to go pick him up because he was screaming.  Red faced, splotchy skin, gasping for air screaming.  Luckily John could watch him for most of the mornings in between his classes at the Learning Center.  Otherwise I would not have been able to teach.  It was an exhausting week.
  • Luke still just plain won't nap unless you are holding him or pushing him in the swing.  He spends a lot of time in the ergo carrier strapped to John or me.  He's also logging some serious hours in the outside swing.  Without those 2 things we would be in serious trouble.
  • The napping thing is still very much like Henry and Charlie.  Why can't we produce children that nap?!  It's so frustrating!  Luke is so tired, but if I lay him in his crib he will wake up somewhere between 10-45 minutes and be done with his nap.  I'm driving myself crazy trying to think of solutions to this problem, but I can't seem to come up with anything.
  • Luke has also decided that he doesn't really need to go to bed until 9:30 or 10:00 at night.  Which basically means that without a decent nap, and a very late bedtime, I'm not getting ANY time to myself.  I know this won't last forever, but for right now, I am very tired and very drained.
  • Enough whining...Luke is pulling up on everything now, and he is starting to push chairs around the house.   I feel like walking is going to come so quickly!
  • Despite the sleeping frustrations, Luke is still such a happy boy.  His smiles just light up the room!

No comments: